Sunday, February 5, 2017

Have a Multi-sensory Valentines Day!




Have a Multi-Sensory Valentines Day!

Hi! I am Colby from Special Inspirations. Welcome to the Share the Love Blog Hop! Thank you for visiting!

I am a Dyslexia Practitioner and LOVE to create multi-sensory, engaging activities for my students. You will receive a free make it multi-sensory activity at the end of the blog post.

Especially around Valentines Day, who doesn't like baking! Baking is a fun, hands-on, and what could be quite a messy way to turn learning from blah to flour covered! Therefore, I have created a few no-mess activities to incorporate the fun of baking into your classroom and/or tutorial sessions. 

However, let's start with the mess! Within the activities that I have created, I have also included a blurb about a messier option. I found that there are letter cookie cutters for less than $10 in plastic or metal:

you can find these at Target!


Then all you need is the dough of your choice, I prefer plain sugar cookie. Now, bake some letter cookies! When the cookies are done, let them cool and decorate with icing (keep the icing handy)! There are a bunch of things that you and your students or child can do with the baked cookies!

1. Make the alphabet and spell your name!
2. letter/sound recognition- eat a cookie, make its sound!
3. Build a word- build a word and practice decoding!
4. Write the alphabet or words in icing! Spread icing on a baking sheet, write the alphabet, letter, and/or word tracing with two fingers in the icing! Lick your finger afterwards for an instant sweet reward!
5. Be creative! What else can you do with letter cookies and delicious icing?


Don't have time for the mess?
Grab my Baking Up Sounds Freebie below:


You might also enjoy:



Have a wonderful, multi-sensory Valentines Day!


Enter the Raffle Giveaway here!


Hop on Over to my friend at Daisy Designs next! Click on her button below to be taken to her blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment